The three cornerstones of Inbound Marketing are SEO, social media, and quality article content. A more exhaustive visual of Inbound Marketing is better demonstrated by the infographic developed by Rand Fishkin at MOZ below: If you’re looking for great inbound you need to consider a Seattle SEO consultant to help you through the process.
While Outbound Marketing focuses on marketing mediums like paid branding, salespeople, cold-calling etc.. Inbound Marketing focuses on developing content driven marketing engines that constantly produce qualified SEO traffic to your website though search engines, social media, and blogging sites. Inbound Marketing focuses on pulling leads through building a community and not “cold-calling” your target market.
Is Inbound Marketing important?
32 million Dollars was invested into the leading inbound marketing company,Hubspot, last year by Google Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and Salesforce.com. Hubspot’s inbound marketing tactics seem to be working extremely well as the company has shown impressive growth, over 4000 customers in their first 4 years in business.
If you’ve ever heard someone say that Inbound Marketing tactics are a waste of time, (SEO, Social Media, Article Content) why are we seeing such huge companies invest massive amounts of money into Inbound Marketing? Easy, Inbound Marketing is the real deal!
How You Should Start Inbound Marketing
Here’s six steps to developing and practicing a successful Inbound Marketing strategy.
1. Start building the basics during your first month
- Create a detailed action plan after identifying your Inbound Marketing goals
- Develop a team for Inbound Marketing assigning specific to-do’s for each person
- Isolate the tools that you will be using
- Create the social media accounts and entirely fill out their profiles
- Properly asses your current website architecture through detailed keyword research
- After your keyword research is complete change your website architecture
- Integrate a strong blogging platform into your website (WordPress is recommended)
2. Develop a content strategy for your blog during the second month
- Schedule your time for writing content and determine what you will write about
- Develop a sales funnel on each article posted
- Decide how often you will want to be posting to your blog
- Create a plan for developing more intricate content that will wow your readers once or twice a month
3. Start to improve your keyword rankings on SERP’s in the third month
- Asses your sites analytics and your current traffic.
- Do in-depth research on converting keywords and on-site improvement opportunities
- Execute on-page SEO
- Develop your in-house writing team and teach them proper on-page SEO
- Start developing a link building strategy
4. Social Media Optimization Strategy in the fourth month
- Brainstorm a social media marketing strategy
- Implement those steps
- Post your initial blog postings
5. Capture your leads and convert them into long time customers in the fifth month
- What is your capture and converting strategy?
- Develop a compelling offer that will funnel your traffic
- Create landing pages for each offer
- Talk about your offers and create a buzz
- Nurture your leads
- Check your analytics and make your changes as necessary
6. Check your results and ROI in month six
- Track trends and causes
- Check your traffic, inbound links, and SERP results
- Calculate which pages are best converting
- Make corrections to any strategy issues
- Continue to read and develop your Inbound Marketing skills
Utilizing Inbound Marketing for your business will help accelerate your marketing efforts and attract customers to your business that turn into qualified leads.
What are some successful things you have done with Inbound Marketing?
Seattle SEO llc
1026 Madison St